24 April 2007

Lunch with the ladies


What a difference a lunch makes! In the midst of all these goings-on it would normally be hard to forget about work. In a normal situation your job is a life-line and an absolute priority. When one is away from work for a significant length of time, there is a realistic reason for being worried.

In my case I have been ever so lucky. From the start of this mess, which is now already 9,5 weeks ago, I have had the most incredible support from my co-workers and managers at PwC. There was never a moment of doubt on their end and even more so...they did not forget me as time progressed.
It is so easy to get used to someone's absence! After having only worked there for 6 months, I feel so incredibly valued. I have every security they will not let me go.
Yesterday afternoon, I spent my (extended) lunch time with my dear colleagues: Anita and Willemijn. We had a most valuable, normal afternoon together on the Mauve Restaurant terras in Laren. Even though the pain followed at night, I feel charged up to face D-day.