20 July 2010

When death surrounds me

As I fight for my life, it becomes only more apparent that my battles are succesful, when people around me die. It is particularily painful when death catches up with those who are the most lively and the least likely to give up. In the past few months some dear friends have laid their heads to rest. In this post I would like to commemorate them.

LIESBETH

She had such a bubbly character. Always in for a laugh, but when she was serious she would touch your inner soul. Liesbeth was full of life, I will miss her dearly. Liesbeth died of Cancer.







ANNELIES

This is the only picture I could find of her. It was taken at Carnaval, and she obviously liked it. But it goes to show how she liked to party. A sweet woman with a sharp edge. Very independant but at the same time very sociable. Annelies fought for her life and leaves behind many friends that miss her a lot. Annelies died of Cancer.




ROSHAN


A brilliant little boy...started school too early simply because he was smart enough. Bam Bam, you little bundle of joy, you were taken away from us much too soon. Bam Bam died in a fire.


1 comment:

appelejan said...

It touches me deeply to see the picture of the friends you have lost during your struggle to survive cancer. It seems extra hard to see the greeve and sorrow of the people who love them, knowing that there are also, so many people that love you, and whom you care so deeply about. The idea that one day you might have to face your own last journey and have to leave them must seem sometimes unbearable. But al the love and good memories are so precious. this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0m3oE1Jiqo had a very deep and caring message and helpt me through some rough times, I hope you can understand the limburg dialect.

but the dead of Roshan is a very very tough cookie to chew on.

give you a big hugg for sharing