07 July 2010

Hard Work

Getting used to life at the Trapp. I've been so occupied, whether practically or mentally, that I haven't touched this blog for a week.

After last weeks radiation therapy I was sick for 2 days. I think the stress the heat and the therapy must have been too much. It took a couple of days before I started to eat properly again. It's funny because that really worries people. I just feel like
it's time I have to allow to pass and that gradually things will get better.

Not that this sce
nery inspires one to eat. On the other hand I had to fight the doctor for a desperately needed clysma. Lordy Lordy!

The outdoors scenery however, is beautiful and peaceful. I get pushed outdoors in my bed whenever I ask the nurses. This old sanatorium provides the best conditions to recover. Fresh air, tranquility, and sun.


As predicted, the hassle when I came in set me back a week and by thursday the Dr. had all her answers (which I had personally given her a week before, but she couldn't believe me) and therapy started on the tuesday.

I have physical-, ergo-, psyscho- and eventually hydrotherapy. This week we focussed on sitting upright in bed, stretching my muscles, and getting rid of cramps. By Friday I was sitting on the edge of my bed. Today I sat actively for 10 minutes on the edge of my bed. It's time to change these chicken legs into thighs and calves again.














W
e are really close to home so Mom and Kiara come by almost every day.
Kiara generally just plays here, which makes her feel happy.
I also have many visitors here as its easier for people from my neighborhood to come here. Thanks also to my friends from Twitter for holding on. It's been a great pleasure meeting you all.




No comments: