19 July 2010

A birthday catastrophe

Yesterday was Kiara's birthday. She turned 11. We celebrated a week ago because right now she's in the south of France with her dad. I had to fight the Doc (Dr. de Boer) for 2 whole days to get her signature for the transportation home. I had requested to go home just this ones because it meant a lot to Kiara after 3 months of agony. The Doc just didn't want to get it and was worried about receiving the ambulance bill even though my insurance had told me that they would re-emburse me. To convince her I ended up making a contract with her that I would pay any non-declarable costs myself. You must know that a one way trip to my home (10 minute ride) costs €500. I think she finally got the message about how important this was to Kiara and myself.

I told Kiara about me coming home at the Twicnic (more about that in the next post). She was delighted and even came home with me in the Ambulance. How cool is that!

The next day was her birthday celebration. 7 kids were invited to come-over for cake and a surprise. The cake was to reveal the surprise. But first we had a private celebration of our own. Kiara who was wearing my hospital nightgown was spoiled rotten with pressies. She got a diving watch, a tripod and other stuff for her new hobby photography.


Straight after lunch the kids arrived. Out came the horror cake which revealed a logo (at the bottom of the cake) of the Amsterdam Dungeon. Thanks to Talitha Boogaard for making this awesome cake!


The kids were off to Amsterdam by train (with chaperones of course) after the cake. It was Orange Sunday though and we had had thunderstorms the night before. The trains weren't operating properly and after an hour's wait they got into a train filled with Orange supporters. By the time they reached Bussum (2 stops) they heard that they might not make it back that day.

M
y sister and Myrugia had to take a safety precaution and got the kids off the train. The dungeon was cancelled until a better day. Then Holland lost the match as well. We had watched with Aldith and Granddad and Grandma. How disappointing. Kiara went to sleep teary-eyed. Poor baby.

1 comment:

Jocie Z ROCK said...

wow ..what a cool cake idea!!! how nice Kiara was spoilt rotten with prezzies!! Love that!!! sad about the train.. that is no fun! been thinking of her alot on her birthday month!!