20 July 2010

#Twicnic










Oh my goodness, where do I start? Perhaps with a definition. A #twicnic is a Twitter picnic, an intiative of @BiekB and a production by @Aldith_Hunkar. Last week Saturday Aldith had told me not to go for lunch. I thought it was odd but obediently followed through. Suddenly I heared bustling sounds near my window and there was one specific voice that I managed to filter from the obviously present crowd. Suddenly my room was filled with friends from Twitter and my bed filled with pressies! 30 odd people had made an effort to make delicious food and drive all the way across the country just to surprise me with a beautiful picnic. It was a fabulous day, and I needn't elaborate...Here's a load of pictures which will tell the story. Needless to say, I had a wonderful day.
Beautiful People:
@BiekB, @Elmahar, @Appelejan, @Chappelman, @Biggasmurfoe, @Amoorah, @Inekris, @lexiene, @Aldith_Hunkar, @Wijmakenalles,@Johohoost, @rjvanhouten @LucyGoverts. I hope I didn't forget anyone, but these people are wonderful. Follow them on twitter.







2 comments:

appelejan said...

It was so good to meet the woman behind the blog , al the people that love you and al the lovely tweeps , it really was an enjoyable afternoon, and we all have good memories. K has a great photograpers carreer ahead of her.

It was nice to be a little part of the surprise

Jocie Z ROCK said...

How miraculous.... from someone reading your blog in Wash DC it is just amazing to see the wonderful people connected through twitter!! wow, you always do bring people together Ai!!!!
OMG is that BAM BAM from jamaica?? that little swwweet thing??? that is horrific, when did that happen!!? how awful, girl.
love jocelyn