23 February 2010

Prepping for Op

Getting ready for my operation which will be on Thursday instead of Wednesday. Yesterday I went to the VU with Marcus and we waited 2 whole hours for my pre-operative screening. It took so long because they have a new system. Great system! They haven't even imported all the information from previous operations! Bloody waste of time! I am totally disgusted with the fact that nobody told me to stop taking the chemo, even when I mentioned it! Can you imagine that?
So I'm once again, making sure that all Doctors involved are informed.
Speaking to Dr. Van Triest (AVL) about this, I discovered that the AVL take extra care with chemo patients when they operate on them. Apparently it is necessary to use different techniques with (for instance) placing the catheter (tube to empty bladder). I am a little anxious now seeing as the anasthesiologist at the pre-op told me she didn't mind me taking my chemo during the operation period. They have got to be kidding! Sorafenib can cause bleeding and will definately slow down healing if it is a medicine which counteract protein cell growth! I am my own therapist as usual and have taken caution by stopping the cure a week ago. Hopefully my body will have had time to reset.
I will be operated on by Dr. Schönhuth whom I haven't even met. You can read about him here.

Keeping thumbs x-ed.

No comments: