17 March 2009

The rebirth of cool

It has been a crazy week trying to manage my case at the hospital. After sending an e-mail to Dr. Lips about all the problems I am having with the communication at the hospital we planned a meeting for yesterday. I threatend to file a complaint and have witnessed Dr. Lips to be the sharpest he has been in the last 2 years. We have come to the agreement that my case is so complicated that within the realms of the modern hospital World, they are unable to come up with a solution. All in all I will keep managing my own case...I have been promoted to personal assistant in my own medical management. Now that all of that has been said and done I have decided to file an advice rather than a complaint. I believe it is more constructive and it should serve my personal purpose. I now know more about my operation. The operation will be done from the back avoiding the risks which they feel they should not take. A small note to make is that the radation therapy once again appears to be working.

5 vertebraes in the thoratic area will be fused in the top area. The bottom thoratic vertebrae will also be stablized. In other words...I am back to square one. In the meantime, I am having trouble walking due to tumour in my tailbone. AVL is looking into the possibility to radiate that area once more. All in all despite a good count of Thyroglobulin my illness does seem to be progressing. I am still fighting like a real lion.

On a more cheerful note; I set to work to set up my own company again. My goal is to generate work for about 1 day a week which I will be able to do at home in my own time. I am very proud to pronounce that I have contracted my first client today. I have a job consisting of 55 hours between now and the first of october, which seems just right for me. I will be able to do the odd job alongside that. I hope to be able to make up for the loss of income. I am allowed to earn up to 20% of the last earnt salary prior to taking ill. Renaissance Communication is a fact. Talk about the rebirth of cool! Other than that I have been extremely busy organizing the phone and car...etc. Why does that take so long? And can't people get anything right on the first go these days. It is soooooo aggrevating! OK bye now....

3 comments:

Irene said...

Gefeliciteerd met je eerste opdracht! Respect.

Jocelyn Zarr '86 said...

okay first of all that rebirth of cool site is CRAZZZEEE woman!! i saw Goran Pictures... amazing... how do you find these things???
very intrigues to hear how you are your won personal assistant to your health management program! that is SO you, ( unfortunately- really should NOT have to be- even though i always hear people say to take control of your own health)
so thrilled about Helena!

Anonymous said...

congrats on yout first job, oh, wait a minute, that is your second one next to being your own PA. Admiring your strength, and thinking of you, braza, Mercedes