01 March 2009

A new phase

March the 1st has come. This week was the last week that I was connected to Pricewaterhouse Coopers. On Thursday I went into the office and brought back the goods. A difficult day as it was a time to say good-bye not only to my co-workers, but also to a lot of dreams.

I reallize now that I have always been extremely ambitious and until I joined War Child I did not feel like I was getting the chance to work to my full potential. As short as I was at PwC I was made to feel what I am worth. It was a time to make plans for a future career. I was going to do great things. And what got me there (making plans) was sure to get me where I wanted to go. Well, life is full of suprises. I honestly thought I would be able to go back. There is no way that I could have known how much time I spend going in and out of treatments in advance. I still think that if my head had been treated earlier I could have at least created another position at the office. Well, I am now officially out of work and have been granted social security. It was a shock to see that the amount was not based on my last salary, but on the last salary earnt before I was ill. This means that it is partially based on my income at War Child which was not very high, it being an NGO. This is an even bigger motivation to pick-up where I left off with Renaissance. My own company. It was necessary for my to round off this period before moving on to new options. My ability to work has changed entirely so I will have to focus on fun jobs with a broad planning. I took this week to rest a lot as I had few hospital meetings. I have also started to orientate on my future. I will certainly inform all of you when I launch my business. I still do not know what is going to happen about my back surgery. I am certain that the Turkish Airways accident is getting in the way of my doctors getting together. 15 people were admitted to the VU hospital, 6 of which had to have back surgery. Dr. Jiya is not only an orthopedic surgeon, he is also a traumatologist so he will most certainly be held up. It's kind of nice to do other things for a little while. I have a month of relative peace. If only my angst would disappear.

4 comments:

Jocie Z ROCK said...

Your latest posts are very worrying, and i feel your stress in your writings. i am hoping your surgeon is only ready when you are ready! enjoy your month and i loved reading about all your mini reunions...i love going down different memory lanes..a dn you know us- we have so many lanes!!! youre doing good girl, stay powerful!

Anonymous said...

Hoi Advisie-Collega en mede Kruispunt-moeder :-)
Een tijdje niet op je site geweest, je wel op school gezien, maar wel even schrikken van de je status nu!!
Keep it up!!! Je bent een sterke kanjer en hebt een geweldige dochter. Ik ben erg benieuwd naar de launching van je webshop. Keep me informed...!
Groetjes,
Mirjam

Irene said...

Hee Aisha,

Ik wist niet dat het vliegtuigongeluk ook impact had op jouw behandeling! Is dat nu een vloek of een zegen?
Donderdag was trouwens presentatie van de 'nieuwe' BDMC afdeling en things would have definitely changed. Als naar een afdeling die voor jou moeilijk te herkennen zou zijn, denk ik. Nou ja, de toekomst zal het uitwijzen. Ik denk dat PwC echt een waardevolle kracht mist - je optimisme, je energie, je oog voor kansen. Dat hadden we zeker nu kunnen gebruiken! Liefs, Irene

Jocelyn Zarr '86 said...

what is your latest news? i was looking through your blog and love that pic of you in th white coat getting into your car in a garage...great shot- love your hair there too! okay back to present day- what is UP girl??? love j