25 March 2009

Hard headed me

Well, I've had another marathon. Mom, Kiara and I set off to see my brother in the North of France last weekend. We drove there on Friday evening and stayed at my friend Tineke's house. The drive was killing (from 6.30 to 23.30)and we had to get up early the next morning to drive another hour and a half to meet him.













That was really great! Later that day we headed back to Romaine where we spent an additional night. Tineke has a house that was built in 1850 in a small town called Romaine near by the coast of Picardie. The home is really comfortable and very quaint and you can rent if from her for holidays! On Sunday we went to look for a stretch of beach and found it in le Crotoy. After a long rest we headed back to Holland. A crazy week for me as I am in bad shape due to the lack of medication right now as I am in preparation for the next Iodine treatment. I visited Lips today who seems to have gotten the jist of things. He is on top of my case now (for as long as that lasts) and has actually scheduled a meeting with all the doctors that have to decide about my next operation. I feel much better now that I am depleting the hospitals sources. Here's some good news though. I finally got the MRI for my head. Here's some before and after pics. Doing really well!






























Now is that promising or what? These pics aren't taken in exactly the same position because I chose the slice with the most tumour on it in both directions.

The remainder is probably scar tissue. Van Triest will have to look into that.

So, I go in for my Iodine treatment on Friday. Will write one more post before that about my friend Helena's visit who's here now!

No comments: