10 March 2009

Moving along

I'm getting my stuff done. Last week I took Kiara to the Tarzan musical which I had promised a long time ago. She really enjoyed that. First we went to my neice's (Valerie) home which I have been intending to do the past two years. It was a wonderful visit and great to see her new appartment. Valerie lived with us for two years at the beginning of her studies, she is now almost finished and will start working as a psychologist pretty soon.









On Friday Marcus and I headed for the opening of the new 707 Brand Communications office. 707 was a company that Pricewaterhouse Coopers worked closely with.







They have supported me tremendously throughout my illness. The interesting thing is that the office they have moved into is the same office building that I worked in when I was with War Child. They did the place up beautifully in fashionable purple. It was nice to be doing something else than recovering at home. We had a great time. It was also great to experience how strong my professional network is. As mentioned before I hope to revitalise my own communications company, Renaissance. My main goal is to work from home for a few hours a week. I put my money where my mouth is and actually went to talk to my first potential client this Monday. It went well and there will be a follow-up on Tuesday next week. I will keep you all posted.

I have been pretty busy arranging things like transferring my cell phone number from PwC to my own company and I also bought my car, which means registering it and getting an insurance etc. etc.. It is incredible how time consuming that can be. There is really no organisation these days where you can just get stuff done without problems or delays.

Last weekend Kiara and I stayed at Marcus'. Kiara and her friend Jermaine recorded their song at the studio's which Marcus is running. They made a recording of a song composed by Kiara to admit for the Eurovision Junior Songfestival. The song was great I suppose they are on their way to auditioning. Marcus was quite a magician in the studio.






Despite all the stress, Marcus too is getting along well. Multiversum has inspired him to make music again and particularily to make his Reggae music again. I wonder where it will take him this time. They are creating some fantastic tracks there. More on Kiara's endeavor later.

I had hoped to get through the month smoothly but I was actually in the hospital yesterday from 11 to 18 hours. I will write up on that in my next post. I had radiation therapy on my rib and my shin. In the meantime I am having trouble walking. My left hipjoint seems to be deteriorating. I will be talking to Pluymakers on Monday and will be sure to address the issue. I don't have a meeting with Jiya until the 30th of March. As you can probably tell, I still don't know what is going to happen about my operation. At least Lips has already talked to Jiya. I don't know why everything is taking this long. I have come to the point that I will file a complaint at the hospital. I wish I could use my energy in better ways.

1 comment:

Irene said...

Hoi Aisha,

Leuk dat je energie kreeg van de opening van het nieuwe 707 kantoor. Ik heb zelf nooit met hen samengewerkt, dus ik ben niet gegaan (heb er totaal niets mee).

Ik wist trouwens niet dat je dochter zo mooi kon zingen! De dochter van Nadia trouwens ook.