02 September 2008

Bird on perch

Bird is trying to rest on her perch but Gustav seems to be influencing the turbulence over Hilversum. I had my second radiation treatment to my shoulder just two weeks ago and it seems to be helping. I have gained mobility and lost a little bit of pain. A visit to Dr. Lips has given me a boost. As Marcus my family and I believed, Dr. Lips came to the conclusion that we should not give up the Iodine treatment yet. The Octreotide test (a very small amount) has had me suffer side effects up until now and they can only administer it twice, leaving me with few options afterwards. Facing the end of my treatment is not where I want to be going now. Seeing as the Iodine still has some effect, we have come to the conclusion that I will go for another treatment at the end of October. This means that I can focus on my holiday. Apart from my shoulder which will be treated with radiation therapy just one more time, we have decide that a short period of rest would do me alot of good. I was very relieved and satisfied about the choices made. Lips has taken to my Bodystats (excel sheet) and will use it as a tool in the future. All in all, the treatment is going the way I want it to. I am happy to not have moved to the AVL hospital for my Iodine treatment, as I did not feel comfortable with Dr. de Boer at all.

Last week was a very busy week. My friend Ineke had her jubilee so I spent alot of time getting things done for that. Friday my nephew, André and his girlfriend Kamilla came to spend the night. We had dinner at Restaurant Voldaan in Hilversum which was really sublime and later on Marcus joined us.
I was extremely tired and not to happy when an old lady flew into the side of my car with het bicycle as I was waiting to cross the road on Saturday. That is the third accident in less than two years that I have had with my car while standing still. I wonder if they really want me dead? One on the back , one on the front, one on the left....I will be watching my right!
The whole administration is a real bummer. I hate anything that wastes my time these days.

No comments: