16 September 2008

Computer Crash


My computer has crashed. I have lost thousands of photographs and documents. Acces to my weblog has become difficult but I am working on a solution. The past two weeks have been all about preparation for our trip to Jamaica. At last, we will be going! I have commited myself to rest, rounding off treatments and getting my house tidied. Finally after a year of doing chore by chore, my home has reached the status in which I left it on February 12th of 2007. With people in an out of your house one becomes internally displaced. It is aggrevating if your body then gets in the way of putting things back in order. Patients, progression and a little help from my friends got me here in the end. Now, I am kind of happy that I did not go to Jamaica in the summer when I was not ready to go. We leave next week wednesday for a 4 week holiday. It is going to be one big fest as we are suprising Kiara with the fact that Aldith, my parents, my aunt Tirza, Carola, and Jocelyn and her clan will all be there too. It has been really hard keeping this secret for so long, but next week monday Kiara's teacher is giving her and her alone, a load of homework. I am hoping on her feeling the unfairness...she will not protest for sure, but I do hope that she will ask why she is getting that much work. The teacher will then tell her that she is off to Jamaica in two day. That is the last place where she expects to hear this.
Physically, I am much stronger than in July. I am also free from treatments for the next month or so which will give me a chance to actually have a break from all this. I am particularly happy that Marcus will be joining me.
The two of us will have some time together as Kiara will be in good hands.

All in all, the prospect of the next month is awesome.

Until next week I have a few more visits to the doctors. If all is well I will have one more session of radiotherapy on my arm. We will not be continuing radiation therapy for my head after the holidays as the results look really good. The bump on my head is getting flatter all the time and my brain has more space to float around in. My balance is back 100% and frankly, I feel OK. Only my eye is worrying me a bit. The eye-lid keeps closing. A trip to the neuro-surgeon and the optician have not revealed what the problem is. I have to go back to the neurologist to check if it has anything to do with the muscles.

I am not sure if I will be on here again this week seeing as the computer problem has not been solved yet, but I will certainly keep on writing once I am in Mo'bay.

1 comment:

Jocelyn Zarr '86 said...

brutal news about all your photos lost; devastating! (I would be in a puddle) HOWEVER, i gotta say the anticipation of leaving for Mo'bay is so great it must be giving you great energy! Glad to read your medical update too...ps I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE YOU AND SUPRISE KIARA! Thank you ALDITH- Miss PocaTV! love jocelyn & Zara- mo'bay bound too!