30 April 2008

Queen's day

Today is Queen's day in Holland. A national holiday to celebrate the Queen mother's birthday. Everyone gets a day off and The whole country turns into a free market. We too got up early and went to Laren to sell our junk. It was hard work getting there, but Myriam and Jacqueline helped me with my stuff.
There we stood, 3 moms and 4 kids, selling old toys and other stuff we no longer need. We didn't sell extremely well like we did in Amsterdam 2 years ago, but the mere fact that I was able to do this was kinda cool. Each kid made about 10 euro's and it was a perfect opportunity to clean the attic up. It is now half past three in the afternoon. I am pooped, so I will have a sleep before I head out to Purmerend where Marcus is singing with Dutch rappers Lange Frans en Baas B. (Watch the video on AT5 of the release party we attended).

No comments: