08 April 2008

Back-lagging and adjustments

I have received a few complaints from readers that the frequency of placing new posts is of some concern to them. I think that they got the right idea if they thought that I might be cocooning somewhat. Infact, despite my progress, the last 2 or 3 months have been the hardest. As I try to get adjusted to life again I am confronted with the moment when my life actually stopped on a daily basis. It was much earlier than I realized. Working through my back-lagging administration so much becomes evident. No wonder I kept procrastinating the last couple of weeks. 2 weeks ago Aldith, my sister helped me start up, by filing all my papers in the attic room, as I tried to clean up the mess that had accumulated in my storage area. These 2 days were more or less a rite of passage. Each piece of paper that passes through your hands reminds you of what happened, what you missed, and what you were unable to keep up with. Scattered amoungst the papers we occasionally came across photographs, many of which were taken in the period of my depression or after my divorce, a period well documented. But as far as my memory goes, flashes come back to me...like watching a movie...but the memories seem so distant to me, as if I am looking at someone else's life. Remote because, even then I wasn't able to really feel. In retrospect it seems that my history of depressions (since I was 15 years old) must have been caused by the malfunctioning of my thyroid gland. What I don't understand is that my thyroid gland was tested at least 5 times throughout the years, but nothing was found.


So anyway, I am in the middle of getting my life back in order, which is a strenuous endeavor. Years ago I was able to pick a weekend and work though my stuff non-stop. Life has changed. I need to spread the tasks and work on them a few minutes at a time. A procedure that takes days to complete. I have almost reached my goal. I expect that I will need another week or so.

In the mean time, life goes on, and it is such a pleasure to see Kiara growing up.

No comments: