24 April 2008

Numbers don't lie

Yesterday I was back at the VU hospital for my test results. The Thyroglobulin count has actually gone up to 4340 from 2601. A sign that the amount of cancer cells has actually increased. This is bad news as the Iodine treatment should actually be bringing this number down. A quick analysis of what is going on is that the Iodine is working but that during the periods in between the treatments the cancer is actually finding a way to grow. The trouble is that the Iodine treaments can not be given more frequently as this could cause further damage in my body. The largest tumor is in my head, so we are looking into a possible operation (craniotomy). I had also had an MRI scan made of my shoulder. A tumor in the bone of my right shoulder joint has emerged. I have requested radiation therapy for that.
I believe that if we can get to the tumor in my head, it will be easier to manage the growth. I am now waiting for an appointment with the neuro-surgeon.
This actually a new loss to deal with. I am trying to keep my cool and take things one thing at a time. As things are, the May school break lies ahead. I will just concentrate on that for now.

1 comment:

Jocelyn Zarr '86 said...

i was just looking at your videos of Kiara on the motorcyle ride; how much fun was she having!!!? what a great link on your blog! WOW she looked thrilled! I also checked out all your videos on you tube; and POCA TV!