01 August 2010

Moving along

It's been two weeks since I talked to my doctor. An interesting fact is that my pulse has dropped from 105 - 120 to 93. The only factor which has changed is the amount of stress I was living with. I had check-ups this week with Doctor Lips, and my blood work looks great. Even my blood pressure is back to how it used to be three years ago. Looks like things are looking up for me. Besides swimming. I have proceeded on land as well. I can now sit a good 10 minutes on the edge of my bed. I have also started to stand using a lift. Once the lift has put me on my feet I am able to hold my weight, indicating that my legs are strong enough to hold me. Yesterday I tried to lift my legs are standing. Even that seems to be an option.This week. I have also started to try to get out of my bed on my own. I can almost manage it without help. I have been here now, five weeks and am growing into my routine. Steps taken seemed to be so slow. But @Tuxeltje on twitter has assured me that I am a long and very fast pace. It just doesn't seem that way, because I'm in the middle of it. let's just keep hoping for the best.They have also put me in a wheelchair during my standing sessions. I didn't sit for long, but that was the first step to some independence. I hope that the next couple of weeks I will be able to move around myself. Emca
Sport will be del
ivering my speedy to the Trappenberg, which is fantastic. It will mean that I can get around motorised!

The three weeks separation from Kiara are almost coming to an end. She will be home on Tuesday. Cant wait to see her as I have missed her so much. Three more days to go!

7 comments:

Chris said...

Great progress ! It makes me happy to see you getting stronger :)

All the Best

Chris

Unknown said...

You've come a long way... heb alles nu gelezen op jouw site en kan niet anders concluderen dan dat je een ongelooflijk sterke wil hebt en kracht, doorzettingsvermogen. Ik ga je nauwgezet volgen, that's for sure. RESPECT!

Aldith Hunkar (CEO of Hunk-arT) said...

Lovely Bird,

To think that a couple of weeks ago I believed I'd never see you stand again...
Pretty soon, you'll be flying high!

So proud of you...

Jocie Z ROCK said...

you are freaking amazing woman.. we are impressed by your super human strength every day.. keep it up day to day and you will be carrying your own bags into your new apartment before you know it!

Unknown said...

Kan me voorstellen dat je misschien nog grotere en snellere stappen zou willen nemen, maar ik denk inderdaad dat je zo trots mag zijn! Jij bent zo sterk!! En wat heerlijk dat je Kiara bijna weer in je armen kunt sluiten! XX

Mieke said...

Vandaag weer thuisgekomen van vakantie. Was zo benieuwd hoe het met je gaat inmiddels en zie daar !!!!
Je zwemt, je staat en loopt. Ongelofelijk!! Wat een power straal jij uit. Dikke kus.
Mieke

Jocie Z ROCK said...

birthday girl... what news do you have??? me loves the walking vid! phenom woman phenom!!!!