02 January 2009

Happy again!


The days around Christmas and New Year were very stressful. Moving towards another operation was crazy and I have to admit that I was really anxious.
The operation of my upper arm was a tricky one because the head of my Humerus has been attacked by cancer cells. The cells make the bone brittle and I was worried that it might crumble.


All in all, the surgery went well. After an efficient admission to the hospital I was ready to go to the OR in the morning. I too was efficient. An experienced patient, knowing exactly what to expect. The operation was succesful and by noon I was back in my room. They had blocked my nerve of my arm so the first 24 hours were without pain, though I was unable to move my arm. By the evening the nerve was active again and the pain was bad. On the 31st they were prepared to let me go home but I was worried about the possibilities to get medication for the pain. I stayed until January 1st. Marcus joined me at midnight which was a strange way to start a new year. I came home on New Year's day. Feeling OK really. I am still resting a lot but the pain is already much less than it has been the past couple of months. My parents were here with me to help out. Today, monday, my Dad went home and Kiara has joined us again. I think I will be better soon. The best part of my tantrum the other day is that the Doctors are paying attention again. I will soon here more about their new strategy soon.

No comments: