14 October 2009

A novelty...I quit!


The side-effects of the Sorafenib got so bad that at last I ended up in bed all day. The rash spread all over my body, it was painful and itchy. By last week monday I phoned my doctor to ask him what to do. He prescribe a cream with painkiller Lidocaine in it and some kind of cortisone. It took 2 days to reach me which was to late. I gave up on the cure for the time being. Right here on the left, I look half decent. That is 2 days after stopping the cure. A lot of make-up and a careful selection of pics, does the job. So, I stopped the cure without further advice from my doctor. He had said that if the cream did not work, I should stop for a few days until the rash dies down. The next thing to do was to start again with a lower dose.
I stopped until monday of this week and with huge apprehension, I continued the cure taking 3 tablets rather than 4. I am not convinced that this is going to work out. Because 2 days down the road, I am starting to feel the effects again.
The short break allowed me to feel a little bit better. I took Kiara to her show on Saturday. She is getting better all the time. It is nice to focus on something that refreshing. Kiara is loving her role in Amandla Mandela. I am very happy that she has been able to do this, it has proven to be a dream come true.

Kiara and Derick before the show.

No comments: