24 October 2009

Doing OK


After stopping the cure for 6 days I started again with an altered dose, taking 1,5 tablets each time instead of 2. I seem to be okay now apart from going almost entirely bald again. The pain is manageable and the rash has stayed away up to now. I do feel extra sensitivity in my fingers and toes though. All in all, after my check-up this morning, I knew that this is the path we will continue, at least for the time being.

My intestines are giving some problems though. To rule things out a colonoscopy will take place soon. Eventhough it is supposed to be a horrible test, I am happy about it als my intestines have been a source of stress and worry to me. Within 4 weeks my first bloodwork should be coming through. We are hoping to see a drastic drop in Thyreoglobulin, but my doctor told me that an increase could signify that the treatment is working too as levels usually rise tremendously first, then drop later on.
Kiara had gone to Martin for mid-term. This gave Marcus and I a chance to get away for a few odd days. We took the ferry-boat Ameland one of the Dutch Wadden islands. We relaxed alot taking sauna's and dining, but the very most exciting thing that happened was that I actually cycled about 4km on a large tricycle, with a little tugging and pushing on Marcus' part every now and then. This newfound ability allowed us to view the lighthouse from up close, rather than from our hotel window. I was totally exhausted but I managed to get up the next day without feeling too sore. We got home wednesday after a lovely wok meal. Despite the many interruptions on my cellphone, it was wonderful to have some time together.

No comments: