28 November 2008

Never ending story


Waiting to recover from the last treatment feels like a never ending story. It is not the pain that I cannot handel, it is the fact that the pain (and perhaps a small portion the fear) are immobilizing me. I have been stuck in this house for approximately a month now with the exception of a few trips to the shops which are more or less impossible. The fact that I cannot do anything is infuriating. In the meantime, I am making my trips to and from the hospital etc.. There are a few developments that I have not yet mentioned. After a check-up at the Neurologist for my eye it has been decided that we need to eliminate a few things. Monday morning I will go to the VUMC for the first half of my neurological tests. This weekend I also made a trip to the hospital in Hilversum regarding my tendonitis. It was really refreshing to encounter a doctor who actually knew what he had to do. He has scheduled me for surgery for December 12th which is really very fast! He will be solving my problem with Morbus de Quervain which I believe started by compensating for the loss of function in my right arm. It will hurt a while but I will be happy to have one less problematical area, especially since I need that with the pain in my shoulders.. All in all, there is a lot going on in the medical area. It takes some adjustment after a month of not hurting. However, I must say that the pain is slowly but gradually deminishing. I am happy about that as I this probably means that the pain IS related to the last treatment.

Winter is setting in. I remember that when I was a kid I used to love the snow. Sunday night is snowed so much that I wasn't able to drive myself. This is my house! Luckily it all melted. Slippery weather means that I can't get out. One slip could cause me to loose my arms. Strange your reality can change that much!

No comments: