12 December 2010

Small news update while you have to wait for the real post.

Hi, my dear friends all over the World. I thought I'd post a small message here as I have been unable to keep up my blog due to my health situation. I know that many people have been worried, and rightly so. The last couple weeks have been a real ordeal and I have needed all my energy to get through this. The good news is that may pain has deminshed quite a bit. But my body is failing me in a lot of different ways. The Doctors have found that the cancer has now spread to my lungs. This was a huge psychological blow. At the moment I need to catheterize (hopefully temporarily). I lost weight and am unable to eat at all. I have lost approximately 20 pounds in 3 months. I am however slowly getting back on my feet. Last week I got up and walked 12 whole steps. Mom and my brother Melvin have been caring for me 24/7. They are so wonderful and I am so greatful for such a supporting family. Luckily I still get to be a mother to Kiara! :-). I Still looking forward to the little things in life that make me happy. Though it's been really hard, I have managed to keep my fighting spirit up. With regards to visitors, I do miss you guys, but I still experience that a visit is very energy consuming. If you do wish to visit, just drop me a line and I'll see if we can work something out. Take care everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lieve Aisha rust maar lekker uit en probeer te genieten van de kleine dingen die er nog voor je zijn. Waardeloos dat je kanker ook al in je longen zit......Fijn dat je,je familie zo goed helpt en je klein meid Kiara, voor haar is het ook allemaal zo moeilijk net al voor jouw.
Lieve schat, wat kan ik allemaal nog meer zeggen, alleen dat ik zoveel waardering voor je heb, je hebt z'n vechtlust. Heel veel sterkte de komende week, ik zal een kaars voor je brandend houden voor je geloof, hoop en liefde.

groet Corma (@handicapnouen)

Jocie Z ROCK said...

I so praying for you to get back on your feet, keep up the walking if you can...you are a fighter through and through...Aisha, thank you for writing .. we know its tough and we just want to send strongest good vibes... all that you deserve.... love and ((hugs)))

Joost Majoor said...

Heelheelheel veel sterkte, beterschap en alle kracht toegewenst! Blijf vechten en hou vol! Goed om te zien dat er zo veel opbeurende berichtjes naar je worden gestuurd. Dat zal vast kracht geven.
Al het beste! ;-)

Rachelle said...

Love you!!!!

Sonja Super said...

Not so much to offer, not so much to say, but I want you to know that for you I Pray.

Sonja