18 January 2010

Flu(s)terred

First of all, welcome to all my new friends at Twitter. I had 55 views on monday which is tremendous. I have been writing this blog since Spring 2007 when I was diagnosed with Cancer of the Thyroid. Since then I try to live my life to the fullest. It is great hosting you all here and thankyou to Aldith for showing you the way to my blog. Do come by every once in a while and take a seat at birdsperch.blogspot.com.

So what brought y0u here. As a (usually) law-abiding citizen, I try to live a decent life. The past years (as of the death of Pim Fortuyn, to be exact), deterioration has set in in Dutch society's behavior and mannerisms. It seems like unsociable behavior is becoming more and more accepted. I always believe that correcting people around you it the beginning of the solution to head towards a better World.
Last Saturday evening I made a quick trip into town to exchange a DVD box which Kiara had purchased but in which the actual CD was missing. Seeing as Christmas is now behind us, the shops have gone into full-blown discount season. I decided to check out the lady's department and found myself a decent little black skirt which I had been looking for for quite a while. I was pleased with myself and queued up infront of the cashier's desk.

A lady stood in front of me and was making a scene. The jumper which she was trying to buy had no price tag, and the lady behind the till explained for the umpteenth time that Benetton was a store within the V&D shop. She could not help because the Benetton people had already gone home. This scene kept repeating itself and the woman's daughter was throwing a full blown tantrum because she couldn't have the jumper. The kid was starting to irritate me but the woman was even worse as she started to harass the cashier. I decided to open my mouth and tell the cashier that their was no need to give in to this woman's attitude. She turned around and told me it wasn't my business. I replied that infact it was because by this time she had kept me waiting for 10 minutes already. I then told her she was hard to deal with and that her daughter was well on her way following her in her footsteps. She then stormed at me an hovered over me, her nose bearly touching mine. I could feel her breath. I looked back at her but did nothing. My non-response ticked her off then she made a fist and went for my head. Her husband casually joined in. Two Turks came to my rescue. She managed to batter me on my head, right where my bone is still brittle for the huge tumor on my head. He did so too, and I got 2 or 3 kicks, leaving me bruised. This woman kept coming at me. Her husband was calling me crazy and telling his wife to give up on the gorilla. Each time she came back at met the Turks helped me. Eventually they went to the other row and I followed them. The woman was still in the other row and when I asked the guys to stay with me until she was gone, she heard it an threatened to follow me to my car. After paying, she demonstratively walked around the area beckoning at me that she wasn't through with me. I asked the shop people to get security. They told me he had gone home!!!! Eventually the managers helped me out but refused to call the cops because they figured they wouldn't come (it was closing time....he was in a rush to get home). They brought me to my car and I drove straight to the Police station. The officer there did a wonderful job, jotting down my story and calling the shop to tell them off. He advised me to go to the hospital to get everything checked. I have to say,....physically I am managing but the emotional damage is huge. I was in tears all Saturday evening, and I had a few nightmares, each presenting another sequel to what had happened. On Sunday I went to the hospital. They reported my bruises. It is now monday night....and I still feel really queezy...I'm afraid I am deal with a bit of a psychological trauma. Trying to move on now.
I found out that the shop got everything on surveillance vids, and seem to remember the woman in question used a debitcard to pay. Hoping that justice will prevail.

8 comments:

Frank said...

Dag Ai,

Vreselijk, ik hoop van harte dat deze mensen opgepakt worden. Praat er veel over met anderen, dat helpt om het emotionele gedeelte te verwerken. Ik bel je snel!

Frank

Aisha said...

Dankje!
That's what Mom said!
Aisha

Anonymous said...

Jeez Aisha
wat aan nachtmerrie! En wat moedig van je om zo vol te houden. Wat een ongelooflijke aso's lopen er toch rond. Veel sterkte & liefs
Myriam

Anonymous said...

Now what we want is to see the security tapes, ask the police when they will pick up the culprits, ask V&D what the HELL they were thinking! Most of all, we want to get you back on track, Aisha!! I'm working with you and we SHALL prevail!!

Aldith

Follow Aisha on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/AishaHunkar

It will save her from telling the WHOLE story over and over again... Energy she should be directing elsewhere...

Jocie Z ROCK said...

insanity Aisha, these type people have really lost their minds- and apparrantly any semblence of descency.. and the sad thing is people like this seem to be growing in numbers everywhere in the world. They are arrogant, rude. unnatural and they have been taught by their parents that they should have this "entitlement complex"... just disgusting. so now there is a generation of people with "entitlement issues on crack"! the beauty is they will be caught with a cc on file, and then they will be in the news and justice will Prevail, but the question is will they be embarrassed or feel remorse? somehow me thinks they will keep going on the offense. Horrific! I hope the event can soon leave your mind- it only hurts you and that is the last think you need in life, you dont deserve that!

Anonymous said...

Angels like you, in the appearance of decent citizens, unfortunately have to take some kind of beating in this insane and utter unjust world! I am in the front row to help you in any way, Mercedes

appelejan said...

hallo Aisha

wat jij gedaan hebt zouden meer mensen moeten, doen het aantal asociaaltjes die menen dat ze maar alles kunnen en mogen zeggen tegen iedereen is veel te groot en steeds meer mensen worden bang om iets te zeggen juist omdat dit soort asocialen zo grof en hardhandig is. Als meer mensen het voor je opgenomen hadden was het misschien anders afgelopen maar je kunt trots zijn op jezelf dat je deed wat je deed. je bent een voorbeeld. hoop dat de fysieke en psychische schade die je dan nu toch opgelopen hebt beperkt blijft, en dat je niet bang zult zijn een volgende keer om toch weer voor het fatsoen te kiezen.

petje af voor je

Aisha said...

Thank you Ariane, In the mean time..another piece of scum tried to run me off the highway. I did jot down his license plate number....and WILL send it to the police! I will have to be more careful about opening my mouth though. My loved ones aren't so happy about fragile ole me doing stuff like that. So there goes another person...not being able to make a difference.