02 November 2009

The general

A few years back, ...infact it's 10 years back my colleagues called me the General. I hated it at the time because they singled me out of a whole group of event organisers, each and everyone equally hands-on and bossy. Well the general is back! Illness does not only effect yourself, it also effects the people around you. One example is my mother. She has been here for me more than once for at least 2 months at a time.























After her own back problems 5 years ago her life too, came to a screaching halt when I got sick. That and several other reasons resulted in her putting off the renovation of her study. This past summer she mentioned to me that a make-over of her study was a huge wish of hers. I set up the Pimp Granny's Den operation, with my siblings, nephews and neices and my auntie Tirza. I did the co-ordination from my bed (and 2 short trips to Zevenaar) and the others worked in shifts. Yesterday we all went to Zevenaar to finish off the job. It was done in a jiffy, and Granny's Den looks superb! Anyone need an interior designer? ;-)

2 comments:

Jocelyn Zarr '86 said...

wow how excited is your mom!!!! general and solja gurl!!! what a team!!!

Anonymous said...

looks great, General! Next time, if I am available, I would love to take part in your "army-division" (whatshamacallit?), even though I am allergic to any form of authority... You make me a cousin filled with pride!
Braza, Mercedes