08 May 2007

Junkie Hunkie

(Illustration by Conceptart Org)


I have two additions to my dream team. One was an application, the other was passed on to me.

The latter, Professor (and brilliant wizzard) Zuurmond is my anesthesiologist. He assessed my medication and laughed at the diclofenac 60 which I was taking. Obviously it was crazy to be treating this pain with such a general painkiller. Also, the 60 milligrams was a give away that I have been taking illegally imported medicines. Diclofenac 60 mg is not on the Dutch list of legal medicines. 50 and 75 mg are.


I can't help wondering if I was taking Chinese tablets? Anyway the object of my visit was to better my quality of life as the pain is increasing everyday. I have now got two new medicines called Arcoxia (120 mg) and Tramadol HCI (100mg). Both sound like vile conconctions to me...but if they work out well I am happy to take them. This should get me through the next weeks as I try to go through the motions of an operation and a recovery. I have now given in to the pain! Aisha has finally succumbed to the royal state of junkiness.

Speaking of quality of life; my dear coach Sabine Overtoom deserves a position in my team too. (I say this with positive determination after considering her application). Through her wisdom she has helped me experience an elevated sense of quality of life, even before I knew I was sick. She has brilliantly unveiled new horizon's in my life that have already started to bring wonder and pleasure to my future.

Sabine, welcome to the dream team.

No comments: